Saturday, April 22, 2006

For Bookworm

CALLER: Rush, it's great to have you. Thank you for the work you're doing. You often say on your show that it takes six weeks to convert someone. Boy, I hate to correct you. I've got a family member who was forced to listen to your show for three days, and it corrected years and years of brainwashing and lies from the marching band media. He's a great Rush listener now, he spreads the word. He was forced to use a friend's car when his broke down and the radio station was set on KSFO and the knob was broken off so it couldn't be changed. It took three days to convert him, Rush, and I thank you. In fact, can I give you the telephone number for my mom so you could talk to her for a couple hours? Maybe get her on board, too?

RUSH: Well, let me tell you something. It only took this guy three days?

CALLER: Three days, Rush.

RUSH: Three days. Why was he afraid to listen prior to the time he had no choice?

CALLER: Well, because he believed everything that he was being told, you know, he was just --

RUSH: The reason I ask is because we had a great blog post yesterday from some woman identifying herself as Bookworm. She said the reason liberals don't listen to me is because they are scared to death I will change their minds. They think I have mystical Svengali-like powers, and they're scared to death that I will upset their worldview. So they don't want to take the chance of listening.

CALLER: I think that is very true, and that's why I wanted you to talk to my mom, if you could just get a few minutes with her even, she's from the same generation you're from, and, you know, God bless her, she took her time to teach me how to think and not what to think, and now she can't understand why I disagree with most of what she believes in.

RUSH: Yeah.

CALLER: And one other quick thing, Rush, going back to the first hour. Whenever the left or a statist accuses a Republican of doing something, a malfeasance, it's typically because the left has been doing that, they are currently doing it, or they plan on doing it in the near future. And it's some sort of preemptive attack, I believe.

RUSH: Yeah, it's called projection. You can always gauge what the left is doing by just listening to what they accuse us of doing. By the way, I saw this picture of the teachers protest in Chicago. And from the photos I've seen, it didn't seem like there was a lot of racial diversity in this group. I don't know if the media will point that out, but folks, this is how you create a permanent underclass. And you think, "Rush, you're talking about public school teachers." Yeah, we're talking about public school teachers, Illinois, permanent underclass. It's infuriating to Snerdley. It is to me, too, but it makes me more sad than anything else. Look at the worldview of these people. It's so narrow. In order to stay alive they've gotta go protest at the State Capitol building. I mean, that's pathetic.










please donate...it helps me write more gooder!

No comments: