Tuesday, December 11, 2007

How Dhimmi-itis Works


I've written before on these pages about the dread disease of dhimmi-itis, an infection that affects large groups of people and causes them to accept the world view of Islam towards non-Muslims - or kufars , non believers to adopt the correct term of preferred contempt Muslims use.

Common symptoms include loss of self respect, self-hatred, fearfulness and anxiety and if untreated, a total loss of liberty, prosperity and free will.

We have today before us a classic case.

You may remember Democrat apparatchnick Larry O'Donnell, famous for red-faced, spittle tossing rants ( `Liar! Creepy liar) on national TV and one of the major pundits on MSNBC.

A few days ago, during a discussion of Mitt Romney's speech, this cretin exploded on `The McLaughlin Group' in a bigoted rant on Mormonism and its founder Joseph Smith, whom he referred to as anti-American, pro-slavery, and a rapist'.

Today, in a follow up on Hugh Hewitt's talk show, O'Donnell at least had the courage to admit something most dinosaur media pundits won't...that he's afriad to speak about Islam the same way he spoke about the Latter Day Saints:

HH: Would you say the same things about Mohammed as you just said about Joseph Smith?

LO’D: Oh, well, I’m afraid of what the…that’s where I’m really afraid. I would like to criticize Islam much more than I do publicly, but I’m afraid for my life if I do.

HH: Well, that’s candid.

LO’D: Mormons are the nicest people in the world. They’re not going to ever…

HH: So you can be bigoted towards Mormons, because they’ll just send you a strudel.

LO’D: They’ll never take a shot at me. Those other people, I’m not going to say a word about them.

HH: They’ll send you a strudel. The Mormons will bake you a cake and be nice to you.

LO’D: I agree.

HH: Lawrence O’Donnell, I appreciate your candor.



What a prime example of `liberal' thought and courage, eh? O'Donnell may be a bigot, but he's not crazy. This is one cockroach that has survival down pat, and a perfect example of dhimmi-itis and its effects. I won't hold my breath, but I'll be interested to see if MSNBC distances itself from his remarks on Mormonism the way it would if Mohammed and Islam were involved.

As for O'Donnell this buffoon has allowed his own cringing fear to censor himself and thus proven himself unworthy of living in a free society .

Observe, and be forewarned. Dhimmi-itis can strike anyone, anywhere and is highly infectious.

No comments: