Monday, April 21, 2008

Housecleaning

I normally don't write posts about blogging, so this will be an exception.

If you check out the links page, you'll notice that there have been some changes. A number of what I call 'dead' blogs have been removed, (ie, sites that haven't posted anything in quite some time) and a number of new faces added.

This is something I've been meaning to get to for quite some time, and I apologize for that.

A big part of the delay to do with the fact that I genuinely liked a number of these sites and the people behind them, and was hoping they'd eventually get their finger out and write some more. In a couple of cases, I even wrote some harassing e-mails!

The reasons people feel compelled to get to the keyboard and write differ in each case, and like everything else in life, things change. Those of you who have tried running a site know how much work it is and the chunk of time it takes...those of you who haven't can't imagine.

Anyway, to those of you who were deleted and are still members of Joshua's Army, my apologies. You know it isn't personal, and if any of you get the urge to start things moving again, let me know so I re-link to you. Likewise, if any of you are not planning to start up your sites again but feel the urge to write something, email me at rmill2k@msn.com and shoot it by me..I'll certainly consider it for publication here.

For the rest of you, enjoy the new links. This is the beginning of several changes I think will be quite beneficial and add to the mix.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spring cleaning is always fun ;-)

I'm one of those who learned from the ground up, you're right, running a site is time consuming, but worth it for sure.

JoshuaPundit is a great blog.

russelllindsey said...

Joshua -

I appreciate it if you would add me to your army. I've been keeping a close tab on your site for years now and link to it. I plan on keeping even closer tabs on it now that the Iran situation is getting warm again.

Thanks.

Lindsey

Ramblings of a Misguided Blonde
http://www.russelllindsey.blogspot.com

PS - Please contact me if you have any questions.

Freedom Fighter said...

Ola, Senor Gringo and thanks for the kind words - equalidad.My regards to the Queen of Tequilla!

Hi Russell ,
My deepest apologies...how could I leave off my favorite Misguided Blond? I didn't realize until I looked that you're back to blogging regularly again.Thanks for the heads up.

Consider that situation fixed.

All Best,

ff

russelllindsey said...

No problem. I fully understand how you might not have realized that I was back at it. Things are getting a little too out of control for me not to comment.

I'd love to hear much more about your thoughts on Iran...

Thanks for adding me~

Lindsey