Monday, October 26, 2009

Obama Beats Dubbya in Presidential Golfing


The Politico reports that President Obama enjoys his golf and now has more rounds of golf played in office than President Bush did in two years and ten months.

One thing the article doesn't say is that President Bush quit playing golf after that time - or why

"I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the Commander-in-Chief playing golf," Mr Bush said in an interview with Yahoo and Politico.com.

"I feel I owe it to the families to be as - to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal," he said.


Interesting that the Politico, who has first hand knowledge of this factoid didn't see fit to mention it.

Maybe they felt it would reflect badly on the current Commander-in-Chief, for some reason.



No comments: